Information for our customers
London, February 2020
In light of the coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan city and Hubei Province in mainland China, we continue to monitor developments closely.
Our events will run as scheduled
To ensure that our customers and our people have the latest information, we are following the latest guidance from local and national authorities and the World Health Organization (WHO) as it relates to travel to and participation in our events.
We are also working with authorities and our venues to put contingency plans in place as the situation develops.
If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact AAPG Europe on +44 (0) 203 962 4468.
Information about the virus
A coronavirus is a type of virus which, as a group, are common across the world. Typical symptoms of coronavirus include fever and a cough that may progress to a severe pneumonia, causing shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
The World Health Organisation’s standard recommendations for the general public to reduce exposure to and transmission of a range of illnesses are as follows, which include hand and respiratory hygiene, and safe food practices:
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water;
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash hands;
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough;
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider;
- When visiting live markets in areas currently experiencing cases of novel coronavirus, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals;
For more information please refer to who.int as well as updates from your local or national authorities.
Travel advice from Business Design Centre